Originally developed for the Swedish Department of Defense, the durable Army model FireSteel produces a 5,500°F spark for building a fire in any weather, at any altitude.
- Bright spark can be used as emergency signal
- Produces 5,500°F (3,000°C) sparks which can ignite a gas stove, campfire or tinder
- To use, pull the stainless-steel striker (or your own knife) down the rod to create sparks
- A favorite of campers, fishermen, hunters and survival experts
- Durable army model lasts 12,000 strikes
- Works even when wet