This high efficiency floorstanding speaker is the flagship of the high performance Monitor Series. Its multi-driver design and non-resonant enclosure delivers the classic Polk sound (open, spacious and clear), even when driven by modestly-powered amplifiers and receivers. Its size guarantees a bold, realistic audio experience whether you're building an extreme home theater or a sensitive stereo system.
- 1-inch silk/polymer composite Dynamic Balance® dome tweeter with powerful neodymium magnet structure delivers clear and detailed high frequency response for realistic reproduction of vocals and instruments.
- Four 5 1/4-inch composite Dynamic Balance drivers are lightweight and stiff with good damping for high efficiency, excellent bass and lower distortion.
- Multiple small-diameter driver design delivers wide dispersion, better mid-range, and more detailed bass response for an open, box-less, three-dimensional sound.
- Non-resonant all-MDF enclosure construction with 3/4-inch thick baffles ensures cleaner, clearer, more lifelike sound quality. Tower models feature additional front-to-back and side-to-side internal bracing for further reduced resonance.
- Crossovers use Mylar bypass capacitors for more detailed high frequencies.
- Dual 5-way binding post connectors, allowing for more secure hook-up options, as well as bi-wiring and bi-amping flexibility.
- Critically tuned flared port minimizes port noise (chuffing) for good low frequency extension with low distortion, resulting in natural, full-bodied sound with rich bass.
- All Polk products are made using the best materials and the most advanced manufacturing techniques. They pass the industry's most exhaustive quality tests, including drop testing, extreme signal response and UV & salt exposure testing. Polk loudspeakers are built to perform for a lifetime.